Thursday, September 5, 2013

Start Christmas Crafting Now

I admit it - I craft and read more than I blog. But I have been taking pictures of my work and will post with some instructions soon.

Today I want to talk abut Christmas Crafting.  It is time to get started.
I like to make gifts for my friends and family. A handmade gift shows love and thought.

 A handmade gift shows love and thought.

I now make origami gift bags, mainly for jewelry but this makes things extra special. (instructions in upcoming blog.

  

I often have trouble making gifts for the men in my life.  This year I am making my nephews braided bracelets with Kumihimo in school colors.
   
I also crochet afghans, who doesn't want a 'cozy' blanket for snuggling up?
   
 
And I make for colleagues Christmas themed projects. Christmas themed gifts I have made in the past, polymer clay sculptured angels & fabric Santa wall hangings & cross stitched cards & Soap.

One year I made some Halloween soap.  I wish I still had one to showcase in a photo.
Using clear MP glycerin soap base I put a rubber super ball with an eye on it (an eyeball). This was before I knew about embeddable paper for soap so I shrink wrapped the soap and printed a label on transparencies.  What made the soap even more fun was what the label said: "I saw what you did in the shower".

Don't forget that baking is a handmade and crafted gift.

In the upcoming weeks I will post a photo and instructions for the project. Please check back.

Right now there are a lot of Christmas Crafting Sales online to consider. Here are a few:
Herrschners Christmas Stitchery Sale
Christmas Earring Designs
Factory Direct Craft Sale
Halloween and Christmas Craft Supply Sale
11 Christmas Gift Ideas, Free Book 
Holiday Fabric Sale

Easy Peasy Idea!

Make A Jingle Bell Bracelet with Memory Wire.


       


 







 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome and Appreciated.